Re: [Asrg] Adding a spam button to MUAs

2010-02-05 09:11:07
I haven't been following this thread very closely, but why not just
establish a standard role account on the MUAs designated POP or IMAP
server? Such as arf(_at_)pop(_dot_)example(_dot_)com? It effectively
"preconfigures" the
MUA since "arf" is standard and "example.com" is already known to the MUA.
The less configuration the better, I think.

Sorry, wouldn't work.  The name of the POP or IMAP server need not
bear any relationship to any email address.  For example, on my
system, the server is named imap.iecc.com (yes, even for POP, it
deters the clueless) but there are not imap.iecc.com addresses at all.

R's,
John