Re: [Asrg] Implementing IPv6 DNSBLs

2010-12-10 13:05:10
I think that if you're proposing any changes at all to the existing
DNS protocol, it'd be easier to invent something new that handles
the situation directly. ...

I'm not doing that. I'm proposing an alteration of your granularity
proposal (as I understand it) that doesn't require either TXT records
or DNSSEC.

But, unless I'm misunderstanding it, it does require new status codes
which would require upgrading every DNS cache, client library, and
middlebox on the net.  If that's not right, could you show some
examples of a query for an entry that's in the BL, and for an entry
that's not in the BL?

If your proposal was a straw man to promote adoption of DNSSEC, well
then I'm resisting that.

I'm not thrilled about DNSSEC but at the moment it's looking like the
best of a bad lot.

R's,
John