Re: [Asrg] NXDOMAIN cache behavior, was draft-levine-iprangepub-01

2011-01-04 20:15:38
You might want to try this with a few caches.  I'd be surprised if
they synthesized answers for subdomains of NXDOMAIN entries.  I just
tried it with dnscache from djbdns, and it doesn't. ...

Grumble.  I'll build unbound and see what it does, but I would be
rather surprised if the results were any different.

I wasn't surprised. I looked for foo.gurus.org, got an NXDOMAIN, then queried bar.foo.gurus.org, and it went back to the authoritative server to get the answer.

Nice cache, though.  Maybe I'll give it a try.

Regards,