Re: [Asrg] NXDOMAIN cache behavior, was draft-levine-iprangepub-01

2011-01-04 20:24:43
On 1/4/2011 8:55 PM, John Levine wrote:

Grumble.  I'll build unbound and see what it does, but I would be
rather surprised if the results were any different.  The DNS crowd
has dislikes synthesizing answers, even in cases like this where
you can argue that the synthesized answer should be correct.

I get the impression that the unbound writers were a bit more pragmatic w.r.t. performance versus personal theories of "purity" than, say, DJB.

[The dnscache performance issue is just plain dumb.]

You may well be right, but I'd hesitate to use dnscache's behaviour as representative without actually testing something else.

I have several unbound cache servers that might be easy to make visible on the net if you can't get your own unbound up quick.

Unbound seems to be _really_ easy to set up tho.