Re: [Asrg] draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07 [re-send]

2011-03-01 16:07:06
Seth wrote:
Jose-Marcio Martins da
Cruz<Jose-Marcio(_dot_)Martins(_at_)mines-paristech(_dot_)fr>
wrote:

I'm not a lawyer but I assimilate this as some sort of "money
laundry".

That has nothing to do with "laundering money".

Any DNSBL that took money not to list spammers would get little usage,
so there would be essentially no benefit to paying it.

A DNSBL that takes money to delist immediately, and is quite willing
to re-list 3 seconds later if the spam continues, isn't particularly
harming its customers for allow spam for 3 seconds.

If one consider that spammers money is dirty money (criminal activity as one said)... and if part of the DNSBL revenue comes from this dirty money, how do you name this ? Probably not "money laundry", but surely not something legal.

But well, I'm afraid we are "beating a horse already dead"...