Re: [Asrg] DNSBL and IPv6

2012-10-24 22:00:13

On Oct 24, 2012, at 7:48 PM, "John Levine" <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com> wrote:

Depends what your intentions are.  If you're trying to do listwashing, you
may wall see DNSBL listings rather than bounces.  I like VERP just fine and
my lists use it, but I do get back FBL reports that are munged to the point
where I can't tell who complained.  But they rarely munge the IP.

People trying to avoid listwashing will learn to munge the bottom bits of
any
IPv6 address.

Well, maybe.  Personally, I think the threat of listwashing is overstated.
The really slimy senders have lists so dirty that no amount of washing will
clean them.

But anyway, I'm seeing a lot of assertions about how IPv6 mail will work,
and precious little running core or simulations.  As always, anyone want
to do some, you know, research?

It's mostly dependent on how IPv6 addresses for mailservers (legitimate and
otherwise) will be allocated, and how much IPv6 will be used for inter-domain
email delivery. Do we have any data, or researched speculation, about that
to work from?

Cheers,
  Steve