Re: [Asrg] DNSBL and IPv6

2012-10-25 07:35:58
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Martijn Grooten
<martijn(_dot_)grooten(_at_)virusbtn(_dot_)com> wrote:

I haven't really seen a suggestion on how to run IPv6-based blacklists that
convinced me. (That's a rather unscientific claim, I know. I'd love for
people to help John with his simulation so that we get a better idea; note
that he doesn't need IPv6 data. I'm afraid I don't have the required data
myself.)

I'm obviously biased since I run dnswl.org, but an IPv6-based
whitelist may work better than an IPv6-based blacklist. Enumerating
the goodness is generally easier than enumerating the badness.

(Of course, all IPv6-DNSxLs have the same risk of caches blowing up if
not done right, and the "done right" thing has not been defined yet).

-- Matthias