Re: [Asrg] DNSBL and IPv6

2012-10-24 21:49:31
Depends what your intentions are.  If you're trying to do listwashing, you
may wall see DNSBL listings rather than bounces.  I like VERP just fine and
my lists use it, but I do get back FBL reports that are munged to the point
where I can't tell who complained.  But they rarely munge the IP.

People trying to avoid listwashing will learn to munge the bottom bits of any
IPv6 address.

Well, maybe.  Personally, I think the threat of listwashing is overstated.
The really slimy senders have lists so dirty that no amount of washing will
clean them.

But anyway, I'm seeing a lot of assertions about how IPv6 mail will work,
and precious little running core or simulations.  As always, anyone want
to do some, you know, research?

R's,
John