Re: [Asrg] DNSBL and IPv6

2012-10-25 11:50:38
On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Paul Smith <paul(_at_)pscs(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
wrote:

It's tricky since we have no access to any IPv6 stuff unless I use a
tunnel or an internal test network, which has always been an "artificial"
environment AFAIAC (no local router involved), so doing full scale
real-world tests isn't possible yet.

A tunnel doesn't need to be "artifical". Hurricane Electric will give you a
free IPv6 tunnel, including a routable range (/56 from memory).  Setup the
tunnel on one machine, and then configure it to be a router for your local
network (using one of the networks from the /56).  All of the hosts on that
network will now have "native" IPv6.  Sure, to get out of your network it
has to go via a tunnel, but that's completely transparent to the end hosts.

Keep in mind the security implications though - if you don't setup a
firewall on your IPv6 tunnel endpoint/router, then you're basically putting
any of the systems it routing traffic for directly onto the Internet, with
a public IP address.

  Scott