[ietf-clear] Re. CLEAR Charter

2004-10-01 11:50:36
On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, John Leslie wrote:

   This language went in because Dave Crocker wanted it, over my mild
objections. Dave assured me there would be significant stress induced
by opening the accreditation issue; and I agreed to shut up.

I haven't seen any significant discussion of reputation/accreditation on
the various IETF spam-related lists, despite the existence of the DNA
draft. I suspect this is because no-one has an opinion. I'm not sure why.
People are familiar with IP and "RHS" (domain) "blacklists" (reputation
services). Perhaps I'm too unfamiliar with the commercial end of the
market.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
ROCKALL: SOUTHWEST 7 TO SEVERE GALE 9, BUT SOUTHEAST 6 TO GALE 8 AT FIRST IN