[clear] Plan of Action for CSV?

2005-06-17 13:00:14
David MacQuigg wrote:

At 04:40 PM 6/17/2005 -0400, John Leslie wrote:

David MacQuigg <dmquigg-clear(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:
At 05:06 PM 6/10/2005 -0700, Matthew Elvey wrote:

It's new.  There are few working implementations, and little
evangelism
yet.

Which implementations are needed?

   I don't necessarily speak for anyone else; but I've been hoping for
three of the major four open-source SMTP programs: exim, postfix, qmail,
and sendmail to release versions which can enable it.

I asked on the postfix mailing list about CSV. The answer from the
postfix author (Wietse Venema) was:

This can be implemented with an external policy server. A
proof-of-concept server is distributed with the Postfix
source code.

What about MS Exchange?  Are there special problems that would make it
more difficult?  If these four and Exchange were done, what percent of
the current MTA population would that cover?

The market share of MS Exchange as MTA (directly connected to the
Internet) is very small (negligible).

[...]

/rolf