[clear] Multiple SRV RRs

2005-06-22 06:32:07
Here is a quick survey of how some of the larger email domains set up their
MX records.  Assuming they would want to set up their *mailout* records in
a similar fashion, ...

That's a poor assumption.  As I think we've mentioned several times
recently, CSV records are designed to identify client hosts, not
domains, and a normal setup would be to have a CSV record per mail
client.

I realize that all of hotmail's servers lie and say "HELO hotmail.com"
but I don't think it's a good idea to design around one bogus point,
even if it's a large one.

R's,
John
--
Regards,
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 330 5711