[clear] Multiple SRV RRs

2005-06-24 09:38:23
David Woodhouse <dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org> wrote:

If the 'authorised but not authenticated' option remains in the CSV
spec, then I'd say that multiple SRV records should _definitely_ remain,
to allow for that to be used at the same time as 'authenticated'.

   David makes the case that there are plausible cases where, for example,
a multihomed host would have some IP addresses which should be listed as
weight==2 and others which should not (but are still legitimate).

   Although we do not currently have any mechanism to handle this in a
useful manner, I could certainly imagine one. Clearly, David's situation
cannot be handled with a single SRV RR.

   I'm not sure how important it is to handle cases like this: it really
doesn't seem critically important right now; and it certainly could be
a version-2 enhancement.

   Opinions?

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>