Re: [ietf-dkim] Not exactly not a threat analysis

2005-08-23 20:10:49
On 23 Aug 2005 22:42:50 -0400, John R Levine wrote:
 Should a forwarder (e.g. college alumni permanent address service) have

 the same level of accountability as the originating domain (the domain
 that received the initial submission of a message)?

 I don't see why not.  If they're sending me mail, they should be
 accountable, and if it's spam, I'm not happy about it.

Right.

Let's remember that the primary role for this signature is as input to a
delivery filtering process.  So the nature of the 'accountability' is
inherently
narrow.

Whoever is signing is injecting mail into the handling service.  They are
responsible for the traffic they generate.  It does not matter where they
get their messages from; they are choosing to create traffic.

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking