Re: [ietf-dkim] over-the-wire (in)compatibility between pre-IETF DKIM and (eventual) IETF DKIM

2005-10-20 09:34:49

I would be surprised though if the result for the signature construct
(which may be a bit of a special case here) didn't have the "best"
security option as the MUST-implement, even if it has the legacy
signature construct as a MAY-emit. But we'll see when we get there...

Just to be obsessively careful, here: Having one choice as a MUST and another as a MAY would seem to be mutually exclusive, if only one choice is allowed. Hence the implication of your expectation is that all recipients will be required to support multiple signatures...

d/