Re: [ietf-dkim] over-the-wire (in)compatibility between pre-IETF DKIM and (eventual) IETF DKIM

2005-10-21 14:54:33
Andrew,

If you are characterizing any change as more work, then you are arguing for a rubber stamp.

Oh?  You mean that doing more work does NOT take more time?

What I am "arguing for" is careful attention to the question of urgency. Some folks see an urgent need for this standard. Some do not.

Particularly for those of us who view the need as urgent, there is a serious downside in delays that are due to the natural desire that engineers have for making infinite improvements.

In fact I have been getting a sense of some folks delaying adoption until the IETF standard is produced.
All the more reason that we deliver something thought out and not insist upon kludges for the sake of backwards compatibility.

Which kludges are you referring to?

d/