Re: [ietf-dkim] over-the-wire (in)compatibility between pre-IETF DKIM and (eventual) IETF DKIM

2005-10-21 13:47:35

On Oct 21, 2005, at 3:51 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:

On the other hand, doing more work takes more time. More time means more delay getting more adoption.

If you are characterizing any change as more work, then you are arguing for a rubber stamp.

In fact I have been getting a sense of some folks delaying adoption until the IETF standard is produced.

All the more reason that we deliver something thought out and not insist upon kludges for the sake of backwards compatibility.

-andy