Re: [ietf-dkim] over-the-wire (in)compatibility between pre-IETF DKIM and (eventual) IETF DKIM

2005-10-21 12:55:46

I understand there is a desire not to introduce many more things or drive the spec in new directions, and I agree with that. Having said that, it is better to make any changes now while adoption is low than wait until adoption is much higher.

On the other hand, doing more work takes more time. More time means more delay getting more adoption. In fact I have been getting a sense of some folks delaying adoption until the IETF standard is produced. So the question is whether we want that to be 2006 or is it ok to be 2007, 8, ...?

d/