Re: [ietf-dkim] Attempted summary, SSP again

2006-01-27 08:58:04
John, this would be all well and good except for the fact that even
though my name isn't on the draft I've had a great deal to do with
it from even pre-DKIM days. Hector's interpretation is wrong, and
that's not how it should be implemented. "Exclusive" is Hector's
term, not the -ssp draft's. The draft could be a little more explict
on this point, but the intent has always focused on the need for a
first party signature, not abhorance of multiple signatures.

                Mike

John R Levine wrote:
Well, OK.  if a message has both a signature from the From: domain and
one from someone else, does that pass?  Why or why not?

-----

From: Hector Santos <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>

For the EXCLUSIVE policy?  Following SSP, it would be a REJECT because the
policy says no 3PS should exist.  If it does, then it should be given the
evil eye. ...

I understand what you are saying, but it is what it is. That is what the
DKIM/SSP drafts defines. It is already "solved" per se.

-----

From: Michael Thomas <mike(_at_)mtcc(_dot_)com>

I've always interpreted this as it should pass. What would be the reason
that it shouldn't? That the other signature gave it cooties?

-----

I'm increasingly getting the impression that we don't really understand
the semantics of SSP.

R's,
John