Re: [ietf-dkim] Concerns about DKIM and mailiing lists

2006-03-15 09:52:14
Dave Crocker wrote:

I am inclined to agree. However the [] behavior is rather common. So we probably should consider whether it is reasonable to have DKIM contain features that are intended to allow a signature survive mailing list transit, when we know that the final result will usually fail.

  That's why I use the z= option, regardless of what the
  overly proscriptive -base spec says. I don't think this should
  in any way be part of the spec though as it is clearly a
  heuristic and depends greatly upon how much risk a receiver
  wants to tolerate.

Use of the option seems like a reasonable idea. However I am not sure how it gets used at the validating end.

That is, I do not see what the expected scenario is, once the difference between original Subject and current Subject is detected.

  It's all rather simple: if the change is "acceptable", for some value
  of "acceptable", you use the z= header instead of the actual header.
  Pretty much what Barry outlined.

                Mike