Re: [ietf-dkim] Concerns about DKIM and mailiing lists

2006-03-15 09:27:41
Dave Crocker wrote:
But in the worst case, the list has simply invalidated the signature, and we say that this SHOULD be considered equivalent to no signature at all. Absent SSP, this is no bad thing.

I am inclined to agree. However the [] behavior is rather common. So we probably should consider whether it is reasonable to have DKIM contain features that are intended to allow a signature survive mailing list transit, when we know that the final result will usually fail.

  That's why I use the z= option, regardless of what the
  overly proscriptive -base spec says. I don't think this should
  in any way be part of the spec though as it is clearly a
  heuristic and depends greatly upon how much risk a receiver
  wants to tolerate.

                Mike