Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal for specifying syntax and semantics for multiple signatures

2006-04-01 23:08:52

Barry Leiba wrote:
And I'd like to get us to close on two other discrete parts:
1. Whether we want to have a mechanism to let the signature survive the reordering of multiple sig headers or not.
2. Whether we want to be able to detect the removal of a signature header (as perhaps in the case of a "stronger" one and leaving a

My question for each is why?

To do either of these requires additional mechanism.

So the question is what benefit will accrue... and why that benefit is essential to a task of the type DKIM is intended to perform?

d/

--

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking