Re: [ietf-dkim] Alternative text for semantics of multiple signatures

2006-04-04 15:38:17
Paul Hoffman wrote:
At 3:10 PM -0700 4/4/06, Michael Thomas wrote:
I copied this from Paul's original. I'm good either way, though
SHOULD seems more appropriate now.

The MUST NOT was there in the earlier proposal because the association between p= and the headers was by hash values. This proposal removes that, and MUST NOT is not needed. If we use "SHOULD NOT", we need to say when it is OK to do it anyway. Proposal: "To avoid deleting information that might be valuable to the recipient, signers SHOULD NOT remove..."

Sounds good to me -- I was thinking of adding some text along the
"forensics" lines to reinforce that even bad signatures may be
useful to humans/stats collectors, etc.

                Mike