Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal: get rid of x=

2006-04-11 07:02:37
If by some miracle people actually rolled their keys over every
week -- as Mark is to be suggesting as the alternative to x=
-- then your use case would not work either.

Quite true.  So what?

To me the answer is obviously
yes.  How do you handle that with x= ?

This is a false dilemma because you are requiring dkim to work in
situations that it was explicitly not intended to work for.

Uh, what situations are those?  If DKIM isn't useful for mail sent to
humans with MUAs, why are we wasting our time?

If your issue is that the time was a week, change the x= time to 15
minutes, the mail still lands in the recipient's mailbox in 10 seconds,
and the user reads mail once an hour.  Same problem.

R's,
John