Re: [ietf-dkim] Meaning of x= and DKIM signatures in general

2006-04-13 07:55:03
If the answer is "not very", that tells me that both x= and fixed time
limits are a mistake.

That may well be true, but the credibility of a DKIM signature
in a court, or a year after signing, is explicitly not in scope
of this WG according to our charter.

I hope the credibility of a signature to a recipient is in scope, which is why I'm trying to figure out how x= or fixed time limits affect that credibility.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor