Re: [ietf-dkim] Meaning of x= and DKIM signatures in general

2006-04-13 08:49:48
With the current spec, I'd say that for values of t and x that have
been mentioned so far, maybe what happens at t+2*(x-t) is reasonable
to think about, but we can, and according to our charter, should,
entirely ignore what might or might not happen at t+100*(x-t).

Entirely agree, and also agree that there's no way we're going to define
algorithms or bright line rules for this.

PS: Sorry for jumping in on this one, but the topic is an enormous
rathole.

No kidding.  So I hope we can ditch the rathole part and concentrate on
the large useful parts we understand.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, Mayor
"I shook hands with Senators Dole and Inouye," said Tom, disarmingly.