Re: [ietf-dkim] Format for t=

2006-04-20 20:19:00

On Apr 20, 2006, at 6:51 PM, ned+dkim(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

*If* we're going to switch away from "seconds from 1970", we should use the standardized time format described in RFC 3339: Date and Time on the Internet: Timestamps. IMHO, using anything else would be irresponsible.

However, I don't think we have to switch.

I agree on all points.

If I recall there was difficulty comparing hex seconds with other mail headers. RFC3339 is much cleaner. A human readable form is more user friendly, assuming a user has a reason to examine the date. The current second count t= will provide nothing in that respect. While there might not be a pressing reason to switch at this point, looking at raw headers will offer better diagnostics when the date is readable.

-Doug