Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM verification actors

2006-04-21 10:15:18
Douglas Otis wrote:

3) MUST store the results of the verification process if results of the verification process will be used for some later process

A viewer may log these events, but should not predicate assurances on less trustworthy result notations. Using untrustworthy results would be foolish as well.

Security is rarely a binary problem, and this is no different. Verification results that I put in a log or a database --- where's the problem here? Markups in the message store like flags and other such things -- where's the problem here? We don't need to drag in Auth-Res here
especially since it's not in scope.

      Mike