Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: dkim-base-01 nits and semi-nits

2006-04-28 18:08:32
Section 3.4.5 second to last paragraph "choose to reject" ->
"choose to ignore signatures"  [this one isn't a nit]

I'm not sure we have consensus on dropping the "reject" language ---
I think Mark had some concerns.  I'll add wording about ignoring the
signature though.

My only concern is to ensure we're not prescriptive to a
verifier. Anywhere we say "reject" probably should be changed to
"treat as unsigned" as long as there is no implication one way or the
other as to what a verifier does with that "is verified" or "is not
verified" knowledge.

Similarly, there should be no "accept" language.

In general, verifier actions are out of scope.

Mark.