Re: [ietf-dkim] Montreal agenda, other than base

2006-06-16 15:45:57

On Jun 16, 2006, at 3:08 PM, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

I would rather have a 6 month pushback from the IESG than a spec that is dependent on the next release of Windows Server to become viable.

The first does not delay deployment in the slightest. As far as I am concerned its damn the torpedoes.

The second will mean as an absolute minimum waiting for a BIND product cycle and will require a much higher degree of support from ISPs and DNS Registrars.

Defining a DKIM specific RR type should not prevent deployment. Defining the DKIM specific RR within the base draft means a new DKIM version is not required to enable its use. If there are issues handling a DKIM specific RR, this is a problem independent of DKIM. A new RR issue, if there are any, may delay exclusive reliance upon the DKIM specific RR.

-Doug