RE: [ietf-dkim] Comments on -overview document?

2006-07-10 06:05:38
Dave,
This document fine except for the following section
"Usually, email is i/o-intensive, with unused
   computational capacity.  So, it is likely that no new hardware will
   be required."

This should be deleted. For example if others in my organization who
have not followed the mailing list were to see that paragraph they would
conclude that the WG did not have a clear understanding of today's large
mail environment and would tend to resist implementation efforts. The
paragraph above that gives a 10 to 15% processing utilization should
speak to what cpu, what architecture those numbers came from if we are
going to include any numbers at all.
Thanks,

Bill Oxley
Messaging Engineer