Re: [ietf-dkim] Comments on -overview document?

2006-07-10 13:25:59

Eliot Lear wrote:
Bill,

I think what Dave could say is that in I/O intensive environments DKIM
will have a negligible impact because minimal disk I/O is required.  If

The counter-point, to claims that email is i/o bound, is that modern
requirements for filtering alter the equation quite a bit.

That's why I was intrigued to hear the comments about being i/o bound come from
folk doing empirical -- real-world -- testing of DKIM.

That said, these days it is nearly always true that one can set up a server hub
to use most of the cpu, no matter how much i/o they have.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking