[ietf-dkim] requirements

2006-07-26 11:27:17
This is a really good instance of what the base level requirements are.
On the one hand we can say that the requirement is that an ISP signing
on behalf of a customer actually sign on behalf of the customer. That
is, the d=customer.com rather than d=isp.com.

What I see here is the desire to actually have d=isp.com with the policy
saying that that is ok. One downside of this is that you'd require a policy
lookup because the From: address would still be customer.com, not
isp.com (ie, it looks like a third party). On the other hand, it doesn't
seem like it's a very big burden on the signing software to know what
domains it signs for, but I'm not as convinced about that from an
operational standpoint.

      Mike