Re: [ietf-dkim] The URL to my paper describing the DKIM policy options

2006-07-27 10:36:17

Douglas Otis wrote:

On Jul 27, 2006, at 2:09 AM, Mark Delany wrote:
So it could be an alias entry in SSP then. One is called "I sign all" and the other is called "I don't send". They both set the same bit.

There is a slight difference between these two scenarios. This difference between "All Signed" and "Don't Send" becomes significant when deciding what to do with an invalid signature.

Prsumably only if the domain published some key for some selector
though which I guess you'd only do if you actually do sign something
(or have crazy s/w that creates keys without saying so:-).

But we've probably fixated on this enough for Mike to have plenty of
options for writing 1st cut reqs text.

What other (sorts of) requirements have not yet been brought up?

S.