RE: [ietf-dkim] Requirements on where/how SSP stuff is published...

2006-07-28 06:18:05
According to my DNS admin
"Why are you putting all that crap in DNS? The MTA can do that!! Or use
a web page!"
Just passing along a reaction I got.
Thanks,

Bill Oxley
Messaging Engineer
Cox Communications, Inc.
Alpharetta GA
404-847-6397
bill(_dot_)oxley(_at_)cox(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Stephen Farrell
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 6:33 AM
To: ietf-dkim
Subject: [ietf-dkim] Requirements on where/how SSP stuff is published...

Folks,

We all (or almost all) seem to be assuming that the DNS is the
place to put SSP stuff.

I just wanted to raise the question to see if that's a requirement
or just a near-accidental part of the current design proposals.

So is using the DNS in fact necessary? If it is, we may need text
that explicitly says why at some stage.

If not, what are our requirements for where/how to publish SSP
stuff?

Stephen.