Re: [ietf-dkim] Requirements on where/how SSP stuff is published...

2006-07-28 12:10:23

Stephen Farrell wrote:

Folks,

We all (or almost all) seem to be assuming that the DNS is the
place to put SSP stuff.

I just wanted to raise the question to see if that's a requirement
or just a near-accidental part of the current design proposals.

Let me suggest that it will become a requirement, but that considering it one,
now, is a mistake. In other words, use of DNS, or whatever, derives from
functional and operational needs, rather than being a core need, on its own.

In other words, we should be discussing 'requirements' in terms of semantic
functions or practices/reputation/etc services that are need, rather than the
details of the mechanisms that will be used to provide those services.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking