Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: 3rd party signing

2006-07-31 07:08:05

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, John L wrote:

The statement that I sign only my own mail makes perfect sense.

If I have a message with your valid 3rd party signature, meaning that you've published the key, and your SSP says you sign only your own mail, which do I believe? Why or why not?

You [optionally] report this error to me and classify this as likely bad email due to policy. The reason for having it is to avoid cases of one of my users improperly "relaying" through my system when they should not
have access to it or should not be using it that way (operationally this
should be stopped on my end but I can assure you that its not going to
always be so either by misconfiguration or due to unknown exploits).

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks