Re: [ietf-dkim] Are verifiers expected to query SSP on a successful verify?

2006-08-01 08:46:40

Scott Kitterman wrote:
2) C sends message on A's behalf using C's identity.

What does "using C's identity" mean?

3) B would like to know if C's signature has any relationship to A.

You mean things like "uses the same ISP", "operates in the same city", "uses the
same operating system"?

This list things that entail "has any relationship" is infinite.

4) If C's signature does not have a relationship to A, then A prefers that
the
message not be accepted for delivery (note that I say prefers because I
understand we can't mandate receiver policy).

SSP does not direct a recipient to do anything in particular.

SSP states behaviors performed by a DKIM signer (or potential signer.)

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking