Re: [ietf-dkim] Are verifiers expected to query SSP on a successful verify?

2006-08-01 07:49:12
Douglas Otis wrote:

On Jul 31, 2006, at 12:26 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:

I would like to see a scenario described that explains exactly what problem needs to be detected and why it is a compelling, immediate requirement.

I agree 100% but:

=====

Problem 1: Spoofs of the 2822.From email-address(es) common with various phishing or spoofing attempts.

Solution A:  [long solution]

[]

Is not in a form that is useful. The problem/scenario needs to be fleshed out here, and what we need at this point are *requirements*, not solutions. And most definitely requirements that don't require me to understand three dozen acronyms that I have no clue what they
mean.

In the scenario, we need to enumerate what the actual technical problems are with SMTP/DKIM-base,
etc and what is required to fill the gap.

      Mike