Re: [ietf-dkim] "I sign everything" is not a useful policy

2006-08-06 08:38:23
Scott Kitterman wrote:

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 19:21:59 -0700 Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
wrote:

A signer should not direct the evaluator what is to be done with that
information.

Is anyone arguing that they should? Setting expectations does not equal direction.
Yes, a surprising number of people are. There must be rent in the universe because it's been odd how strangely aligned my thinking has been with Dave's, even as I struggle to come up with the right way to describe this. I'm hopeful about the formulation of a signer's expectation of verification success rather than "I sign everything" finesses this.

      Mike