Re: [ietf-dkim] Clarification: Section 5.4.6

2006-08-09 11:40:22
Following myself up with a clarification:

Michael Thomas wrote:

 "In particular, a Practice or Expectation MUST NOT mandate any
   disposition stance on the receiver."

The reason that I've written it in this way was purposeful on my part: the
sender's expectation is that there should be a valid signature. I don't really
think we need to go further than that because if a receiver knows that the
sender expects a message to arrive with a valid signature, that's really all
it needs to know that there's something seriously amiss. What it actually
does when something is amiss it's its business, and I really don't think we
need to give helpful hints as it's not really rocket science at that point,
and we really don't want to prejudice any particular action.

      Mike