Re: [ietf-dkim] Clarification: Section 5.4.6

2006-08-09 12:06:49
I was thinking about this and wasn't sure if it was worth bringing up.  I
mean, in DSAP we have failure-handling statements, but I can go either way.

But let me throw out the idea of the domain wishing to express a disclaimer
that is something failures, it is HIGHLY desirable that you not retain this
message.  I provided an example in DSAP:

  _dsap._domainkey.bank.example.  IN TXT
         "v=dsap1.0; a=rsa-sha256; op=always; 3p=never;
          n=We only send DKIM signed email, do not trust anything else
            such as notices allegedly from
security(_at_)bank(_dot_)example(_dot_) Please
            report all such abuse to;
          r=phishing-reports(_at_)bank(_dot_)example;"

Where using the N= note tag, the domain making an disclaimer statement to
the verifier not to trust the message.

So maybe just adding a new requirement?

    Protocol MUST allow for a informational text note for the policy.