Re: [ietf-dkim] Delegating responsibility: a make vs. buy design decision

2006-08-18 11:18:28

Michael Thomas wrote:
As was already discussed in the comments to the requirements draft, not all
DNS providers give their customers the ability to do subdomain level NS
delegation and so while that approach is good for those who can do it, it
leaves out a portion of the potential user base.

Let's be very clear here: not every DNS provider has the ability to do TXT
records either. Those small businesses, etc, should either pressure their
providers or vote with their feet.

1. Initial DKIM deployment relies upon support of DNS TXT records.  We either
accept that or we start over.  Hence, any discussion of non-support of TXT
records strikes me as counter-productive.

2. How does support for TXT records affect the current discussion about
Author-vs-Operator domain name, used for signing and assessment?

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking