Re: [ietf-dkim] Delegated signatures in real life

2006-08-30 20:28:01
But the protocol allows the bulk mailer to create any key records
they like and the protocol as it is written today means that they
are treated by the infrastructure as equivalent.

I suppose the bulk mailer could forge mail from ceo(_at_)orbitz(_dot_)com and
sign it with d=email.orbitz.com, but I don't see why that's any
different from signing it with d=doubleclick.com or any other domain
they control.  The dkim-base treats all d= the same, regardless of
the DNS structure.

What security issue does subdomain delegation introduce here?

R's,
John