Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Additional per user policy requirments

2006-09-06 07:12:25
On 9/5/06, Frank Ellermann <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> wrote:
Stephen Farrell wrote:

> As Doug said that predates the WG.

The WG charter says "policy" (incl. the quotes) and mentions
draft-allman-dkim-ssp

> once reqs-01 is out. we're planning to move back into
> using the issue tracker, so you can of course raise this
> as an issue if you like

Yes.  I fear the SSP adventure is over, PRA is bad, anything
else is impossible.  On the SPF lists folks tried for years
to invent wild and wonderful new "identities" in addition to
the Return-Path, and they all failed miserably, incompatible
with 2822, only PRA makes remotely sense.

This "first address of the From" can't work.  Maybe you could
get the RFC 2822 author as external expert about this idea,
IIRC he was also invited to comment on some MARID proposals.

Frank

Only because people insist that it *must* work in every scheme they can make up.
I believe that we could implement what we have discussed and the fact
that it won't work for everybody should be an asterisk. It will work
for most systems and I am comfortable with that. Implementation is not
a requirement.

Regards,
Damon Sauer