RE: [ietf-dkim] Re: Additional per user policy requirments

2006-09-06 10:00:21

From: Douglas Otis [mailto:dotis(_at_)mail-abuse(_dot_)org]

On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 08:46 -0700, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

I don't see why any authentication policy would require
more than four
terms, six at the absolute maximum. It is not necessary to
implement
braces, merely specify whether AND or OR has higher precedence.

While I agree that this is solvable using rather simple
syntax, it is yet to be determined whether even determining
precedence is needed.
This might be accomplished by their listed order.

I don't like depending on list ordering and it does not allow for as much
flexibility.

It is possible to convert any boolean expression in the form a.b.c + d.e + ...
Or a+b+c . d+e . ...