Re: [ietf-dkim] Jabber session this Thursday 1500 UTC

2006-10-05 08:55:25

Steve Atkins wrote:
Given that jabber appears to be not ready for
prime time, in oh so many ways, has anyone
considered using a more reliable technology?

Sorry, Steve, but I do not know of any problems with Jabber/xmpp technology, and its overall track record for IETF use has been excellent. Further the range of free client software seems quite good.

The problem we are having is operational, with a donated service. (And, by the way, it's rarely been a problem during IETF week, so this is not a case of reaching some sort of limit.)

If you know of other problems, what are they?

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking