Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: "I sign everything" yes/no

2006-11-23 19:25:08

----- Original Message ----- From: "Douglas Otis" <dotis(_at_)mail-abuse(_dot_)org>

DKIM will never be effective at blocking spam.  Spoofing can only be
stopped by comparisons with lists established by recipients, such as
utilizing their address-book.

I totally disagree and I don't see that is required for us to consider implementing DKIM into our system. A MUA is not required to protect a DOMAIN who has published an SSP with its policy define telling a RECEIVER what is expected and not expected.

We have a complete integrated environment and in NO WAY do we see the MUA to get involved here. We can do all this transparently without getting any of our 5-6 offline and online MUAs software involved.

The only consideration is if we want to give the ADMIN the option to HOLD MAIL or some extras user controls via via 3rd party interface options providing the ergonomics to the USER and the instructions to the backend server.

But in absolutely no way is this necessary by default and what you are talking about is just pure candy.

The current protocol DESIGN is sufficient for MTA to MTA operations without a MUA getting involved. Nes Pas.

---
HLS