Re: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: Applicability of SSP to subdomains

2006-12-07 22:52:18

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Jim Fenton wrote:

I'm really confused by your reply. The question is simply, "should it be possible for an SSP record published by example.com to also apply to sub.example.com [for any value of sub]".

Its not quite that simple, the issue is really should you go out of
your way to solve issue which is more fundamental due to missing
feature in current DNS protocol and its wildcards (especially if
that involves complicating with extra queries...). My view is
somewhat similar to Phillip - I think this issue should be worked
on in general, but I don't think it should be done in the context
of this WG (i.e. not part of your protocol specs).

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks