Re: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: Applicability of SSP to subdomains

2006-12-08 12:43:12
I think the answer lies on the application side:  Should DKIM/SSP offer
domains the ability to have two or more policies with the same base domain?

Example:

   public.santronics.com    - a more relaxed option policy
   santronics.com           - exclusive policy

---
HLS

Hector,

I believe they should.
Many mail systems I have been involved with have things like:

news.example.com
critical.example.com
mail.example.com
statements.example.com
etc.
Some of these sub domains are outsourced to ASP's.

While there is an issue with wild cards, I think that if a site wished
to implement this type of solution, un/wild carding the domain would
be on the check list of things to do to implement the solution. Or..
could the parent domain provide the information for each of its sub
domains in its record somewhere?

Regards,
Damon